Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker           Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, January 24, 2011

16 Weeks!

I am 16 weeks today!  According to the email I get from BabyCenter.com, the baby is now about the size of an avocado. 


(Photo Courtesy of thebump.com)

From babycenter.com, "The baby's legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop." (don't read into the his/her in these posts . . . they alternate them each week).

So that's exciting news!  Our little baby is getting big!  Speaking of the baby getting big, so is my belly.  I really don't notice too much of a difference from last week, but since I said I would try to post pictures of the bump each week, here we are at 15 weeks, 5 days:







Somehow I can still fit into my regular clothes, so I usually wear those as opposed to maternity clothes right now.  I am VERY tempted to just start wearing maternity clothes however since I actually look pregnant in them.  When I wear regular clothes, I just look a little chubby.  I'm sure I'll make the switch soon.  I know I may regret saying this in a few weeks, but I kinda can't wait until I don't really have the choice anymore.  

I am feeling well.  I have been feeling a lot of stretching in my abdomin which is both exciting and a bit annoying.  I haven't felt the baby move yet, but according to everything I have read, I should be able to feel him or her within the next 2-4 weeks.  I can't wait!  I always thought it would be very annoying having a baby moving around inside me, but I have NEVER heard anyone say that was the case.  So I am excited!

Matt and I are doing well.  We have been keeping busy with life and are quickly realizing that we are going to have to put aside some time to start preparing for the baby's arrival.  We have been looking at cribs online and have picked out a few little things for the nursery, but we are really going to have to start getting down to business soon.  

Anyway, that's about it for now.  I'm feeling well and getting more excited by the day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment